Privacy Notice for CUA Health cover
On 1 January 2023 the private health insurer responsible for CUA Health branded private health cover changed from CUA Health Pty Ltd ABN 98 098 685 459 to HBF Health Limited ABN 11 126 884 786 (HBF) trading as CUA Health. This notice sets out how HBF and previously CUA Health Pty Ltd manages personal information in connection with CUA Health branded health cover.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
HBF (and previously CUA Health Pty Ltd) (‘CUA Health’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) wherever possible, will collect information directly from you. This information will generally come from what you provide when you apply for a CUA Health policy or when you ask us to take certain action on your policy e.g. make a claim.
However, in some circumstances, we may also collect information about you from third parties. These third parties include:
- Joint Policy Holders (Partner or Dependents)
- Your agents, representatives and other people authorised by you such as your lawyers and accountants
- Insurance brokers and our third-party distributors
- Another health insurance provider, hospitals and other health service providers and organisations which manage the transfer of information between health service providers and us
We may also collect your personal information from related companies.
If you provide us with personal information about another person (for example a referee or a joint Policy Holder), you must ensure that you are authorised to do so. You must also inform that person of who CUA Health is, that CUA Health will use and disclose their personal information in accordance with this notice, and that they can gain access to that information in accordance with our policy.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We only collect information that is necessary for us to provide you with the products and services you request, and to maintain our relationship with you. If you do not provide us with the information that we request, there may be times when we are unable to provide you with membership or a product or service.
At the time we collect information from you, we will tell you why we are collecting that information.
HBF / CUA Health and our related entities may use your information, including your contact details, to provide you with information about products and services, including those of third parties, which we consider may be of interest to you.
You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing information or do not wish to receive marketing information through a particular channel, like email. To do so, you will need to request that we no longer send marketing materials to you. You can make this request by calling us on 1300 499 260, or by ‘unsubscribing’ from our email or SMS marketing messages, which always include an unsubscribe option.
We may disclose your information to other organisations, for example:
- External organisations that are our assignees, agents or contractors
- Our service providers including those used for identity verification, software/IT support, account management (including payments), mailing material to you, member and product research and accounting, legal and audit services
- Your representative, for example, lawyer, broker, financial advisor or attorney, as authorised by you
- Your health service providers including your Doctor or hospital
- Other companies within the HBF Group
- Courts and external dispute resolution schemes
- Government agencies when required or authorised by law
- Organisations involved in the administration of our rewards programs
- Other organisations with your consent
We also share limited information, such as your email address, with data aggregators and analysts (including social media and virtual community providers). This helps us provide you with more personalised and timely communications. If you’re uncomfortable with this, please let us know and we won’t use or share your information in this way.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that our suppliers are reputable organisations and, where appropriate, are bound by written agreements to abide by the confidentiality and non-disclosure requirements of CUA Health.
When you are admitted to hospital or attend other health care facilities, personal information which assists in the processing of your claim is provided to us by the hospital or facility. Our agent, Australian Health Service Alliance Ltd (“AHSA”) manages the transfer of this information. You should visit the AHSA website at www.ahsa.com.au for complete details about how they comply with the Privacy Act.
Unless you request us not to, we may also disclose to your joint Policy Holders or family members whether you are eligible to be covered for a particular procedure (without disclosing details of past claims) in circumstances where you do not have capacity and this information is needed to decide whether to consent to the procedure.
If you have any queries regarding privacy, please contact us at:
Post: GPO Box C101, Perth WA, 6839